The powerful R3 slalom ski maintaines the best attributes of its previous model while at the same time refining the ski to match skier demands.
The R3 has improved stability and consistency. It has a deeper concave and tunnel volume compared to the D3 ION 2 which delivers powerful edge-control, with cross course holding power that is unrivaled. Turns are symmetrical and consistent with tip engagement predictable due to more parallel sidewalls under the front binding. The R3's profile and deeper concave means that the ski creates more angle so the R3 is fast through the wakes, with effortless edge change and direction out to the buoy. If you are looking to experience quick, symmetrical turns on both your offside and onside you must experience the R3.
In addition, the R3 is built with a slightly softer fore-body relative to the ski's tail flex. The softer fore-body allows the front of the R3 to feel more secure and engaged in the water, from the beginning of the edge change to the apex of the turn. The more aggressive tail flex increases the amount the skier can push and rotate the tail of the ski out of the turn to increase response and acceleration.
The R3 has quick rotational turns that are smooth and effortless. The R3 gives you total control when and where you lay into a turn.
- Ski Profile: Wide fore-body for stability and support. Overall surface area accommodates a wider range of speeds and line lengths.
- Tunnel Concave: Deep edge-to-edge concave for powerful hold across the course.
- Rocker Profile: Highest rocker in the D3 slalom line.
- Tail shape: Tail width is between ION 2 (more) and NEO (less) which allows the ski to move in the turn.
- Ski flex: Softer fore-body flex relative to the ski's tail flex improves tip engagement into the turns and creates greater acceleration response out of the turns.
You are unsure and need advice? One of our specialists will be happy to help you choose the right D3 ski or arrange a D3 slalom ski for you to test!
- D3 ski from the Slalom World Cup development department, Zero Tolerance Manufacturing
- 100% Carbon Graphite Laminate, ultra light and stable
- Wide & soft fore-body for stability and support, deep edge-to-edge concave for powerful hold across the course
- More aggressive tail flex to increase response & acceleration, allows to move in the turn
- Maschine screw inserts fit D3, Reflex HO and MESLE bindings, three-point set screws for easy fin adjustments
- Free shipping from 300,00 € within the EU*.
- Order before 2pm and your products will be shipped the same day (Business days only)
- With the shipping confirmation, you will receive a tracking link that you can use to find out the status of your parcel.
*Exceptions apply, e.g. for island and special areas.